Suggested itinerary for Singapore
Stay at 1 of the hotels
Sample 1 day itinerary:
-From Ang Mo Kio MRT station, walk to the bus interchange opposite the station and take bus number 138 to Singapore Zoo (about 30mins bus journey) (map)
-Visit Singapore Zoo (Admission fees S$28), and maybe have breakfast with orang utan (9am-10:30am, S$32)
- Take bus 138 again back to Ang Mo Kio MRT station.
- From Ang Mo Kio MRT station, take the South-bound train (towards Marina Bay direction) to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station.
- Have lunch at Plaza Singapura shopping mall located next to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station and maybe do some light shopping.
- From Dhoby Ghaut MRT, take the Circle line and board the train (towards Harborfront direction) and alight at Promenade station. Then walk to the Singapore Flyer. (map)
- Visit Singapore Flyer (Admission fees S$33)
- From Singapore Flyer, walk about 15mins to Marina Bay Sands (map) or take MRT Circle line from Promenade station to Bayfront station (towards Marina Bay direction).
- At Marina Bay Sands, visit Skypark (if you want, admission fees S$23) or try your luck at the Casino.
- From Bayfront station, take the Downtown Line MRT (towards Chinatown direction) and alight at Downtown station. Walk to Lau Pa Sat. (Map)
- Have dinner at Lau Pa Sat (opens 24hr).
Stay at 1 of the hostels
Sample 1 day itinerary:
- In the morning, visit Singapore Botanic Gardens (Admission Free)
- Take bus 132 from the bus stop opposite British High Commission (Directions) to Redhill MRT (about 6mins bus journey)
- From Redhill MRT station, take the East-bound train (towards Pasir Ris direction) and alight at Tanjong Pagar station.
- From Tanjong Pagar MRT, walk about 10mins to Maxwell Food Centre (Map)
- Have lunch at Maxwell Food Centre (local hawker centre) (Map)
- From Maxwell Food Centre, stroll through Chinatown, towards Chinatown MRT station (Map)
- From Chinatown MRT station, take the South-bound train (towards Harbourfront direction) and alight at Outram Park station to transfer to the East-West line. Board the East-bound train (towards Pasir Ris direction) and alight at Bugis station.
- Shop at the street stalls of Bugis Street (located opposite Bugis MRT station)
- From Bugis MRT, take the West-bound train (towards Joo Koon direction) and alight at Raffles Place MRT. Walk about to Merlion Park (Map)
- Visit Merlion Park
- From Merlion Park, walk to Lau Pa Sat (open 24hr) for dinner and maybe some satay (chicken skewers) (Map)